Cover Letter Tips for Hotel and Hospitality
Its very challenging when you find yourself in need of another job. Whether it is because of being laid off, fired or phased out of a position, its not easy to put yourself out there again after being let go. You can be successful and have a new, better position by following the tips below.
1. Try not to be negative during your search for jobs in Hotel and Hospitality. Focus on what you can do in the future and channel your energy into putting your best foot forward.
2. Make a decision about your path. You may choose to get hired in a position that is exactly like the one you left, or you may choose a job in a new career that uses your top skills.
3. Be creative in your job search. Try to figure out unique places where job leads may come from. Reading professional journals, checking out message boards on the Internet, or attending networking events may lead to jobs in Hotel and Hospitality.
4. Work on your speaking skills to help you prepare for the important interview. Make it a point to research common interview questions, and take time to rehearse stating your answers to such questions.
5. Its not always about what you know, but who you know. Be sure to make contacts with as many people as possible connected to the company or industry you are hoping to get employment with.
10 Wallace Place
Smithville NSW 2222
M: 0411 222 333
Thompson's Bar and Grill
28 Victoria Road
Griego NSW 1111
Dear Ms Thompson
Re: Assistant Manager, Ref: H123
I would like you to consider my application for the role of assistant manager at Thompson's Bar and Grill as advertised on Seek.
Working in the hospitality industry over the last few years, I have developed a passion for providing top-quality customer service, and contributing to a memorable dining experience. While training and leading a team I have always endeavoured to pass on these values to other staff members. As shift supervisor at Smithville Bites Cafe I worked closely with management in ordering stock, cashing up and implementing company policy. I would love to apply my knowledge to a career in restaurant management and am keen to join the team at Thompson's Bar and Grill.
I have completed a Certificate III in Hospitality (Operations), as well as a short course in bar and waiting, and I am RSA certificated. I'm currently studying for my Certificate IV in Hospitality (Supervision). Modules already completed include Operations, Leadership, Finance and Meetings, from which I have gained knowledge and skills that are very relevant to working in restaurant management.
This position interests me greatly because I believe I have the leadership skills and attention to detail to make a valuable contribution to Thompson's.
Please find my resume attached and I look forward to discussing the position with you.